Friday 31 August 2018

The importance of sea life

The importance of sea life

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like without sea life? Well, if you haven’t then today I will tell you why you should. THE WORLD WILL END because fish are not only one of the world's largest food supplies but they also carry the toxins from the water in their body  .
Firstly, the reason I think we should take action for the sea life is not only for their safety but for ours as well. If fish die our water will get dirty because fish filter sea water through their gills. I don't know about you but I don't want to swim in a dirty ocean! This is the first reason why we should look after the fish.

Secondly. When we pollute the sea, fish get infected because as I said before fish, hold most of the toxins in their body. They get the toxins from the oceans water. This means we could die when we eat fish because of the chemical inside of there body.

Thirdly, I believe if we don’t change our ways of littering the fish will cease to exist and then we will die because not only the lack of clean water but lack of fish. Fish are one of the world's largest food suppliers.  How would you feel if you were a sea animal for e.g you were a sea turtle and your home had millions upon millions of rubbish floating in it and you thought the rubbish were jellyfish or other sea creatures that were for you to eat.

If you think the sea animals just glide past the rubbish then you thought wrong. Plastic is one out of the three things that are killing marine animals. Other things are overfishing and oil. Overfishing is when people catch fish the wrong size or take far too much. We need to use more caution when fishing and use sutastable methods so there is enough for everyone. And oil, well it's a death trap for marine life and we keep spilling it into the oceans, over and over again. Stupid, I know! So next time think before you litter.

So, if you are thinking….. How to stop this crisis,  I have 3 answers. USE REUSABLE BAGS! MAKE SURE YOUR FISH IS THE RIGHT SIZE AND COME FROM SUSTAINABLE STOCK and DON’T put rubbish OUR OCEANS!  I will say it again, little quieter….When you catch a fish the wrong size throw it back in the water, make sure you use less plastic and whatever you do ,make sure you never rubbish our oceans. Together we can all make a change!                

This is my speech hope you enjoy blog ya later!.           

3 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei,my name is Jaerok and I'm from room 24 at owairaka District school.I really liked your blog post about speech's.I remember when i did something like this i really liked you put heaps of information in your speech

    Thanks for sharing your learning.You should check out my blog (http://odsjaerokl.blogspot.com/)
    blog you later
    Jaerok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaerok for the positive comment what project did you do that was similar to this

      Delete
  2. Sup Tana it me Lucas Cartwright.
    You have a lot of information about turtles it is very cool.
    I have learned a lot from your blog.
    I look ford to seeing more on your blog.By the way what are you learning at the moment.Later see you soon.By LUCAS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.